Got questions about to join the Bayanivation 2.0: Barangay Innovation Challenge? We got you covered!
For more information, contact us through email or our social media channels.
Who can join Bayanivation 2.0?
Barangay Innovation Challenge is open to teams composed of 3-5 members who:
- Belong to the same barangay;
- Hold positions in their barangay, e.g. barangay captain, councilors, employees, SK officials, barangay tanod, BHWs, barangay volunteers
- 18-60 years old;
- Has stable Internet connection and laptop/PC;
- Has an interest in improving their barangay services through innovation and technology.
What are the benefits of joining Bayanivation 2.0?
If your barangay team is chosen as part of the Top 20 finalists, you will have the following benefits:
- Free virtual training and acceleration program for your barangay on how to improve and implement your project idea
- Mentorship and coaching from design, data, and innovation experts
- Free Bayanivation 2.0 kits and merchandise to be couriered to your respective barangay
- Free use of Mabini PH – an easy-to-use Barangay Management Platform
- Meal allowances for major Bayanivation online events
- Research stipend for your barangay team during your interviews
- Access to potential project partners in both the national government and private sector
- Online promotion of your barangay in all Bayanivation social platforms
What kind of ideas and project proposals are we looking for?
Bayanivation 2.0: Barangay Innovation Challenge is looking for project proposals that revolve around an identified issue in their own barangay. It should fall on any of the following categories:
- Health & Safety
- Environment & Sustainability
- Education & Employment
- Gender & Social Services
What is expected of the Top 20 finalists?
If your barangay team will be chosen, you are expected to:
- Actively attend and participate in a 2-month Acceleration Program to enhance and improve their project proposals.
- Follow all the established rules and regulations set by the organizing committee to ensure safety and professionalism among participants.
How much is the seed funding for the Top 4 barangays?
The Top 4 Barangay Teams will receive PHP 50,000 seed funding and PHP 50,000 worth of tech support through Mabini PH.